ARIST TRADING CARDS
Drop in any time between Sept 24 and Oct 23 and trade cards!
Artist trading cards are miniature works of art, similar to baseball cards, that are created, traded and collected around the world. The Arts Council of the North Okanagan invites artists of all abilities and artistic styles to create miniature works of art and bring them down to the Vernon Community Arts Centre where we will have a special trading wall available from Friday, September 24th to Saturday, October 23rd.
An ARTIST TRADING CARD EXTRAVAGANZA will be held Saturday, October 23 from 2:00-4:00pm. We’ll have all the supplies for you to create your mini artworks to trade, so all you need to bring is yourself and your creativity.
Rules and General Etiquette:
1. Card size needs to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.35 x 8.89 cm) but the orientation can be landscape or portrait.
2. Cards can be created with any media, materials or techniques, but hand drawn and hand painted are typical you you generally want the art to be flat. Card stock, watercolour paper, mixed media paper work best.
3. Please sign and date the back.
4. If the work is created by a child, please note the age of the artist on the back.
5. Cards are always traded and never sold, and it is never ok to trade another artist’s card. For this event, trade them in person, or put them on the trading wall. Leave one, take one.
6. Put your best effort into the card. It doesn’t have to be a professional piece of art but you want it to be original and done to the best of your ability.
7. Have fun, and feel free to make multiple pieces and return to see the wall evolve over the month. Maybe you’ll be lucky to pick up a card from one of your favourite local artists!
8. Use #vernonarts on your social media when you drop off and exchange works so we can have fun seeing what people are creating and collecting!
The Arts Centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am-9pm and Friday and Saturday, 9am to 5pm.