ARIST TRADING CARD EXTRAVAGANZA
Saturday, October 23 | 2:00-4:00pm
The Vernon Community Arts Centre is wrapping up Culture Days with an Artist Trading Card Extravaganza! Drop in to the Arts Centre on Saturday, October 23rd, between 2-4pm, where we will have all the supplies and materials you need to create your own mini artworks to trade. Trade with others who are present, or leave your artwork on the trading wall. No cost to attend. Donations welcome for those that wish to contribute to future community arts programming.
A special trading card wall has been set up for those that wish to drop in with their pre-made minis, starting September 24th. The Arts Centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am-9pm and Friday and Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
Rules and General Etiquette:
1. Card size needs to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.35 x 8.89 cm) but the orientation can be landscape or portrait.
2. Cards can be created with any media, materials or techniques, but hand drawn and hand painted are typical you you generally want the art to be flat. Card stock, watercolour paper, mixed media paper work best.
3. Please sign and date the back.
4. If the work is created by a child, please note the age of the artist on the back.
5. Cards are always traded and never sold, and it is never ok to trade another artist’s card. For this event, trade them in person, or put them on the trading wall. Leave one, take one.
6. Put your best effort into the card. It doesn’t have to be a professional piece of art but you want it to be original and done to the best of your ability.
7. Have fun, and feel free to make multiple pieces and return to see the wall evolve over the month. Maybe you’ll be lucky to pick up a card from one of your favourite local artists!
8. Use #vernonarts on your social media when you drop off and exchange works so we can have fun seeing what people are creating and collecting!
No cost to attend. Donations welcome for those that wish to contribute to future community arts programming.
The Arts Centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am-9pm and Friday and Saturday, 9am to 5pm.