ARTIST TRADING CARDS: Workshop & Swap
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 | 10:00am-12:00pm
The Vernon Community Arts Centre is pleased to bring back another Artist Trading Card Extravaganza in celebration of Culture Days. Drop in to the Arts Centre on Saturday, September 24, between 10:00-noon, where we will have all the supplies and materials you need to create your own mini artworks to trade. Trade with others who are present, or leave your artwork on the trading wall for someone to pick up for a trade on another day.
This activity is free and will be accepting optional pay-what-you-may donations for admission.
WHAT ARE ARTIST TRADING CARDS?
1. Card size needs to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.35 x 8.89 cm) but the orientation can be landscape or portrait.
2. Cards can be created with any media, materials or techniques, but hand drawn and hand painted are typical you you generally want the art to be flat. Card stock, watercolour paper, mixed media paper work best.
3. Please sign and date the back.
4. If the work is created by a child, please note the age of the artist on the back.
5. Cards are always traded and never sold, and it is never ok to trade another artist’s card. For this event, trade them in person, or put them on the trading wall. Leave one, take one.
6. Put your best effort into the card. It doesn’t have to be a professional piece of art but you want it to be original and done to the best of your ability.
7. Have fun, and feel free to make multiple pieces and return to see the wall evolve over the month. Maybe you’ll be lucky to pick up a card from one of your favourite local artists!
8. Use #vernonarts on your social media when you drop off and exchange works so we can have fun seeing what people are creating and collecting!