Students will be presented with a more in-depth coverage of the basic watercolour theories and techniques that they learned in the beginner’s classes. This class is a re-enforcement of basics with some new info and techniques to help students hone their skills. In-class demonstrations, discussions, critiques and hands on assignments will guide the students to developing their own style with this magical medium.
Supplies to bring:
- Paint – 1 tube of each: Permanent Rose, Winsor Yellow, Winsor Red, French Ultramarine
- Optional Paint – 1 tube of each: Pthalo Blue, Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Gold, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Pthalo Green, Burnt Sienna
- Brushes: 1” Flat, No. 6 – 8 Round (mid-size), Rigger Brush
- Arches 140 lb. cold press watercolour paper
- Palette (large white plastic ice cream lid will do)
- Water Container (large rather than small) and Spray Bottle
- Soft absorbent rag
- Pencil, White Eraser, Sketchbook; Spray Bottle.
(Note: Inexpensive Chinese paints are available and fine to experiment with. The pigments are not colour fast and will not mix the way artist quality paints will. The above colours are suggested by your instructor. Please speak with Gail concerning quality and quantity of products needed. Bring all the material you already have. Gail will discuss materials on first day.)
September 9 – November 25 (every Monday – no class Oct 14 & Nov 11) 2:30-5:30
Members $305 Non Members $320
To register, call 250-542-6243 or drop by the Arts Centre today!