Students will be presented with a more in-depth coverage of the basic watercolour theories and techniques that they learned in beginners classes. This class is a re-enforcement of basics with some new info and techniques to help students hone their skills. In-class demonstrations, discussions, critiques and hands on assignments will guide the student to developing their own style with this magical medium.
Mondays, September 24 to December 10 (no class October 8 & November 12) 6:30pm-9:30pm (10 classes)
Members $300 Non Members $315
- Paint – 1 tube of each: Permanent Rose, Winsor yellow, Winsor red, French Ultramarine.
- Paint Note: Inexpensive Chinese paints are available and fine to experiment with. The pigments are not colour fast and will not mix the way artist quality paints will.
- Optional Paint – 1 tube of each: Pthalo Blue, Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Gold, Winsor Violet, Alizarin Crimson, Pthalo Green, Burnt Sienna
- The above colours are suggested by your instructor. Please talk to Gail concerning quality and quantity of products needed.
- Brushes: 1” flat, No. 6 – 8 round (mid-size), rigger brush
- Arches 140 lb. cold press watercolour paper, palette (large white plastic ice cream lid will do), water container (large rather than small), soft absorbent rag, pencil, white eraser, sketchbook, spray bottle.
- Bring all the material you already have. Gail will discuss materials on first day.
Call 250-542-6243 or drop by the Arts Centre to register today!
|Materials:||Not included - Please see above for list of supplies.|